Sunday, October 14, 2007

My latest obsessions

I've always had the attention span of a gnat. I don't even consider myself the MTV generation - a generation of people who have been tested and determined to have shorter attention spans than average thanks for four minute videos - I'm just interested in everything and I'm easily distracted by shiny objects.

Some of my latest obsessions are:

America's Next Top Model - I've always loved this show. Early in my working career I was a stylist and I actually dressed people for a living. I love the clothes, the makeup - the process I guess.

Project Runway - Same as above. I love this show so much that I've actually purchased a new sewing machine and I plan on designing my own clothing for conferences. So watch out! Who knows what I will end up wearing.

Hershey's Dark Chocolate - Hey, it's chocolate - need I say more? I have finally made the switch from milk to dark, but it took a while. Now I truly enjoy the bite of dark chocolate.

Reading - some of you will laugh. I haven't had time to read the past few years and its really been breaking my heart. There are SO many good books out there and I just couldn't get into them or find the time to devote to reading. Now I actually make time to read and I've fallen in love all over again.

Eating Well - Yes, I am now obsessed with eating well. Scary isn't it? I've lost 22 pounds since early September and for the first time ever, I'm obsessed but in a good way. Before I'd beat myself up over eating a mouthful of anything 'bad'. Now, I realize there isn't any food that is bad, its all about how you look at it. I no longer live to eat, I eat to live. Will I keep this up? I hope so as I'm feeling better than I have in years.

So what's your latest obsession?

1 comment:

Carolan Ivey said...

Woot! Congrats on the 22 lbs., doll. And welcome to the "dark" side. Heh heh heh. (I never thought I would be the one saying that to you!

My latest obsesession is finding the perfect coffee. Up until now it has been tea - I have fully half a kitchen cupboard shelf stuffed with boxes of tea.

I now have, oh, 5 different bags of coffee sitting on my counter (no room in the cupboard!) and I'm finding that just because a coffee is expensive doesn't mean it's necessarily better than the cheaper stuff.

My favorite? Fair trade coffee I get from a lady at my church. Only about 6 bucks a pound. I also fell in love with Kona coffee in Hawaii a couple years ago, but at 12-plus bucks a bag, it's a rare treat.