Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Oscar Time!

Yes, it's time for the Oscars. Ever since I was a child (which was only a few weeks ago) I would make popcorn and watch the Oscars with my grandmother and Mom. We love the clothing more than anything else. Well, there is also the aspect of seeing the stars without the acting mask firmly in place.

So here are my nominations for the Oscar this year, read them and weep! (Feel free to harass me if they're wrong. :) )

Best Movie: No Country For Old Men - I'd like to see Juno win but I just don't think its going to happen. Its rare that a film with a comedic bent wins best picture. (Tells me the voters are all stuffy!)

Best Actor: Tommy Lee Jones - The man has paid his dues. Yes, I love Johnny Depp too but let's face it, he could do a Verizon commercial and get an Oscar nod.

Best Actress: Either Cate Blanchett or possibly Julie Christie. I think Julie is a long shot as she hasn't been 'around' much in the past 15 years or so.

Best Supporting Actor: Casey Affleck - He's incredibly talented but if No Country wins for best film, then I predict it will be Javier Bardem.

Best Supporting Actress: Ruby Dee - hands down!

Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Atonement

Best Writing (Original Screenplay): Juno or Lars and the Real Girl

No comments: