Wednesday, January 07, 2009

WLW - It's a new year!

Good morning my fellow BBW's and BBB's (big beautiful boys!).

It's a new year and the counter is set to zero. If you're like me and you had a rough-weight year in 2008 then its time to put that behind you. Do you know the difference between those who succeed and those who get bigger?

Perseverence.

Today, anything you did before now doesn't count. Did you lose 10 pounds only to gain 15? I did - gained 18 actually - but that's behind me. What I did in 08 doesn't count - what counts is what I do today...and tomorrow...and the next day.

I did gain 18 lbs in 08 and I own it. Yes there were health issues involved but that doesn't explain why I chose to eat ice cream rather than something healthier. Those were my decisions and while they weren't very smart, I'm not going to make excuses for it. The best news...the very very best news is that I actually LOST 5.8 pounds between thanks giving and new years.

I'LL TAKE IT! :)

How about you - are you ready to shed some weight for once and for all?

4 comments:

Monica Burns said...

Ok, I gained about 10pds over the holidays. DAMN that cream cheese I used in all those bloody cheeseballs!!!

I did however start walking again this week. I got an MP3 player for Christmas, and I load up all this electronic/disco pieces from Rhapsody. They make me keep up a really good pace on the treadmill. I even do a little sashaying when the beat is right. Although I have to be careful not to fall and wind up like some character from a comedy with my chin going thump, thump, thump at the end of the tread. ROFL

We shall overcome. Life style change. We're on a life style change, not a diet. Hugs, Mon

Carolan Ivey said...

As a woman staring down the barrell of 5-0 this year, it's time for me to also take ownership of my lack of exercise. There's really no excuse. The darned exercise bike is set up right in front of the TV, less than ten feet away.

I have a family history of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. No more excuses!!

J.C. Wilder said...

Monica - LOL! I adore cheeseballs too. It was the chocolate that was my downfall.

Carolan - you go girl. There comes a point in your life you just have to give in and lose the excuses.

Jude Mason said...

I just found your blog, coming off the Dear Authors, Elora's Cave thread and thought I'd dive in about weight, age and procrastination. Yup, I have an access of all three, anyone care to share? LOL

When I hit 50, several years ago now, I instantly went into menopause, cold sweats, panic attacks and gained 50 lb.s. Talk about a landslide, I hit it full force and am still frustrated about it all.

This Christmas, hubby and I decided to forgo frivolous gifts and go for a decent treadmill, which now sits in the middle of our living room, in front of the TV. I'm trying very hard to use it everyday and finding it difficult. But, I'm determined and really want to get healthy and less weighty. *G*

I'm supposed to be writing, so I'm going to sign off and get busy.

Thanks for a wonderful post both here and on the Dear Author blog.

Hugs