1. Pssst, we know we're fat, quite assuming we want to order diet soda with our lunches.
2. We love bright colors, will the designers please quit using the most offensive prints they can find in our clothing? Here's a hint, there's a reason why skinny people don't want to wear the elephant/tropical/giant flowered/geometric print mumu/shirt/pants/skirt that you've created. It's UGLY.
3. There is no need to stare at us, there's more than enough to go around. :)
4. Big people need love, too.
5. Just because we are overweight, that doesn't mean we live like bears in caves. We have homes, lives, careers, kids, siblings, spouses - just like normal people.
6. We like food just like everyone else, the only difference is we don't throw it up afterwards.
7. Food Addiction is just as deadly and difficult to kick as alcoholism, drug addiction, nicotine addiction.
8. Life is too short for bad food.
9. Just because we are large doesn't mean we're to be religated to the fat best friend, sympathetic mom-figure, the eternal bridesmaid or any of that crap. We're hot, sexy and ready to GO!
10. Big can be BEAUTIFUL.
11. Close the magazines and turn off the television - you're life will be much happier if you do.
12. Big people have caught on that Cosmo, Elle and other glossy magazines are not the end-all be-all of fashion.
13. Want to know what is sexy? Confidence!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants