Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've lost my brain...

if found, please return to J.C. Wilder as she is looking for it...when she remembers its missing that is.

Took Mom to the doctor this morning. I mentioned that she was ill a few weeks ago on my blog. She was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis and stenosis of one of her heart valves. This doesn't have much to do with my brain which is MIA, but it is a follow up to an early post so there you go.

I took her to the two doctors, heart and lung guys, then shot off on a trip to NY. Somehow, in the furor of packing, flying, coming home etc, I seem to have completely forgotten exactly what the lung doctor told us to do. What I remembered was to pick up an oxygen sensor for Mom to wear overnight to test her oxygen levels while she slept. So yesterday I picked up the machine and all was well.

CHECK!

This morning I take her to the doctor and I handed in the machine. They downloaded the information to check her stats and voila...she never turned it on. Yep, she put on the machine, slept with it all night and failed to turn it on.

Yes, at least I come by my craziness honestly.

So the nurses and Mom and I laughed about it. I had explained to Mom how to put it on and she missed the part about the little button on the top.

Then, the next nurse comes in to ask about the breathing test.

What breathing test?
The one that was scheduled for Monday at the hospital down the street from you.
Blink.
I wasn't aware of a breathing test...

Yes, I forgot to take Mom for a breathing test appointment. So she forgets to turn on the machine...I forget to take her for another test.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

No comments: